Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Post SLA 2009 Leadership Summit notes

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give a few quick comments about the SLA 2009 Leadership Summit I attended in Savannah, GA this past week. It was truly a privilege to be there and I learned a great deal. As SLA celebrates its 100th year in existence, the conference theme focused on efforts to continue making SLA the best networking association possible for many years to come. The leadership of SLA has engaged in an alignment project which studies the library profession, seeking to bring cohesiveness of our positions, to express the core purpose of the vocation, and to enforce more effective communication about the value of SLA and those in the occupation.

I am inspired and I hope that I convey my excitement through the programs which we will develop in the coming year. I have had an opportunity to share and listen to both current and past presidents concerning best program practices. I look forward to implementing what I have learned and working with many of you during the coming year.

Stay tuned for the first board meeting of the year which we will announce in the coming weeks.

Kind regards and all the best!

Jamal Cromity
President-Elect NC SLA

No comments: